[Kde-nonlinux] KDE 3.0.5, QT 3.0.6 and OpenBSD 3.2 - built QT, but can't build first arts source "Checking for Qt... Configure: errror: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.2) (library qt-mt) not found."

Barraclough, Sean kde-nonlinux@kde.org
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:11:25 +1300

Hi all,

Before going any further I'd like to say I have very little knowledge of
the xfree86 environment, kde and qt. Thanks!

I downloaded KDE 3.0.5 src, read through the INSTALL file and noted I
needed QT =3D>3.0.2, I got the free version 3.0.6. Once I ./configure QT
and did a make  (took a long time) and a make install  it seemed to be
happy enough. I followed the install instructions and added bits to my
..profile, but not to my .login as I'm using ksh (is this right?), nor
did I add them to .klogin

Right, finally done that. I then tried unpacked the arts_blah which was
good, but when running the ./configure I get this message:=20

"
checking for libpng... no
checking for libjpeg6b... No
Checking for libjpeg... No
Configure: WARNING: libjpeg not found. Disable JPEG support. Checking
for Qt... Configure: errror: Qt (>=3D Qt 3.0.2) (library qt-mt) not =
found.
Please check your installation! For more details about this problem,
look at the end of config.log. Make sure that you have comiled Qt with
thread support!"

Have I screwed Qt, or I am going about it the wrong way?

Cheers
Sean