[Kde-nonlinux] KDE-3.0 FreeBSD port first look

Jim Durham kde-nonlinux@kde.org
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 00:51:20 -0400

I downloaded and installed the KDE-3.0 packages from
freebsd.kde.org and it seems to work well so far.

Javascript support in Konqueror is much better. We have a layered
javascript thingamabob on our company web page that never worked
at all with 2.0 and it now works.

However, I'm not able to get Konqueror to display java at all.
I have jdk1.3.1 installed and the path set to the java executable.
Yes, java is enabled globally 8-)  !

I also saw some info about linking the libjavaplugin.so library
to the netscape plugins directory. However, the FreeBSD version
of jdk1.3.1 doesn't seem to have this plugin lib.  ???

Does anyone have java rendering on Konqueror 3.0 ?

The jdk1.3.1 package seems to be OK because you can build a java
executable and view it with appletviewer from that package.

-Jim