Parsing QVariantMapMap from Connection::settings()

Lamarque V. Souza lamarque at kde.org
Thu Apr 19 20:24:36 UTC 2012

Em Thursday 19 April 2012, Christophe Oosterlynck escreveu:
> Hi,

	Hi,

> the QtNetworkManager seems like a nice Qt wrapper around the
> NetworkManager DBUS interface. One of the things I want to do, is
> configuring a wired ipv4 connection. It seems that this is not nicely
> wrapped yet. I can read out most of the settings using IPv4Config but
> it is read only.
>
> To actually configure the ipv4 settings, I would have to use the
> Connection::settings()/update() methods. These methods work with
> QVariants that still need some manual parsing. I guess I would need to
> do something similar like in the NetworkManagement repository
> (networkmanagement/backends/NetworkManager/settings/ipv4dbus).
>
> Are there any plans to provide these settings using a nicer interface
> using QString, QHostAddress etc. instead of using QVariant? Or is
> including networkmanager headers directly into my project and parsing
> the map myself the only option?

	DBus and QtDBus mostly use variant/QVariant types, so anything using
dbus should deal with them. Unfortunately I have not had time to work on
QtNetworkManager/QtModemManager. For now the options are parsing the settings
yourself (like Plasma NM does) or porting ipv4dbus to QtNetworkManager.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
KDE's Network Management maintainer