Parsing QVariantMapMap from Connection::settings()

Christophe Oosterlynck tiftof at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 20:12:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

the QtNetworkManager seems like a nice Qt wrapper around the
NetworkManager DBUS interface. One of the things I want to do, is
configuring a wired ipv4 connection. It seems that this is not nicely
wrapped yet. I can read out most of the settings using IPv4Config but
it is read only.

To actually configure the ipv4 settings, I would have to use the
Connection::settings()/update() methods. These methods work with
QVariants that still need some manual parsing. I guess I would need to
do something similar like in the NetworkManagement repository
(networkmanagement/backends/NetworkManager/settings/ipv4dbus).

Are there any plans to provide these settings using a nicer interface
using QString, QHostAddress etc. instead of using QVariant? Or is
including networkmanager headers directly into my project and parsing
the map myself the only option?

Best regards,

Christophe