System-wide wireless connection bug

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 14:23:21 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey guys,

>>       That is too soon for KDE :-/
>
> Well, we won't have it supported at release time, but having NM 0.9 out if
> important for us so we can start the transition.

I think, the most smooth transition can be achieved by factoring out
current local connection handling code in separate (kded?) module and
making applet talk to it via D-Bus. Then minimal changes would be
necessary in applet to transition to NM 0.9, because it will handle
connection only via D-Bus anyway; and connection module could be
transitioned to secrets agent for NM 0.9. Depending on amount of
changes, it may even be possible to conditionally use NM 0.8/0.9 code
in the same binary.

Comments?

Any pointers or short introduction to sources structure to achieve
this split (besides readme in KNM tree)?