strongSwan vpn plugin

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Mar 19 09:59:06 CET 2010

[Please keep the NM list in CC:, otherwise I have to relay all questions. In fact,
it's fine to just send to the NM list, I read that anyway.]

On Thursday 18 March 2010 23:46:25 maurus rohrer wrote:
> > I can't really judge if this is a valid enough use case, or if in this
> > case just a
> > separate wallet should be used. In any event, it's not supported right
> > now, so
> > someone would need to implement it. In theory, any password can be "very
> > confidential", and that's why kwallet stores them in an encrypted
> > fashion. To me,
> > this would mean that we'd need separate storage for any passwords as an
> > option...
>
> I think if someone selects "always ask", he would be expecting NW to store
> nothing in the wallet, just send the password over the bus to the daemon.
> I just saw thats this issue is in the TO DO list. Do you know if someone is
> working on this right now? Otherwise I would like to give it a try.

If someone's working on it, then likely Will. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind you to
have a go at it. Will can also give more details in case you've questions.

> I also think that every password would need the storage type, and the
> connection would needs a flag, telling if it should ask for passwords. Then
> it should be the setting (ex. vpnsettings) it self knowing witch password,
> has to be entered by the user. ?

Cheers,
--
sebas