strongSwan vpn plugin

maurus rohrer maurus.rohrer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 01:30:36 CET 2010

Hi Sebastian

> We already have a NetworkManager strongSwan plugin. I just added a
> > subdirectory in the KDE vpnplugins and it's working.
>
> So those are more or less the UI bits for knetworkmanager?

right, everything considering ui is there...

> In that case, best is probably to add it to SVN. I understand you don't
> have a
> KDE SVN account, so if you send me the files, I can add them for you. If
> you
> plan to contribute more regularly, we'll hook you up with your own account.
> OK?
> :)

I will send you the files as soon I have them tested, and all functions
build in, will be soon.
cool, can't wait to get a account :) but I first have look closer in to the
code, before I mess the hole repository up :)

>  needs some code moved.
>
> > or the widget asking for secrets
> > when selected "ask every time" (or is it just mine development env.?).
>
> I haven't seen this yet (probably because I didn't actually test this ;-)).
>

> Help on those issues is definitely welcome. It just needs some coordination
> (which is why you wrote this email of course, so that's great :)). If you
> could
> have a look at the connection secrets issue, that would be great.

I had some time to look at it. It seams that there is a way to set the
storage type over KNetworkManagerServicePrefs::SecretStorageMode, but it
seams to be the setting for the hole networkmanager envioroment? Or is there
a way to set this enum for each connection? I thought  about adding a
variable to the vpnsettings, and trigger the secret widget in the
connectionsecretsjob.

> > Really like your work and hope to hear from you
>
> Thanks, it's really the work of a team, though :)

 Thanks team for the great work :)

maurus