dbus-1-qt3 release

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Jun 5 23:57:03 CEST 2008

On Thursday 05 June 2008, you wrote:
> Michael Biebl wrote:
> > 6.) License
> > COPYING only lists GPL2+ as license, but it seems *.cpp, *.h, dbus/*.h
> > examples/* are dual-licensed under GPL2+ and Academic Free License 2.1.
> > tools/dbusxml2qt3/* seems to be BSD style licensed.
>
> tools/dbusxml2qt3/ ist MIT/X11 of course, sorry for the confusion. It
> also seems I missed tools/dbusxml2qt3/LICENSE.
>
> Nonetheless I'd be interested to know, why this combination of different
> licenses was chosen.

The Qt4 code this was based on was already dual licenced AFL/GPL by its
original author Harald Fernengel, so I just kept this for file I added to the
bindings.

I chose MIT/X11 for the generator tool for no particular reason other than not
wanting any restriction on (re-)use at all.
Could also have used 2-clause BSD or something like that.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring