dbus-1-qt3 release

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Jun 5 14:06:15 CEST 2008

Hi folks,

On Thursday 05 June 2008, Helmut Schaa wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Kevin published some release tarballs at [1] already but 0.8.1 is missing
> some patches which I've added to the SUSE packages and are already in SVN.
>
> Am Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2008 18:25:21 schrieb Michael Biebl:
> > I've been constantly testing NM 0.7 and knm 0.7. It looks like it's
> > beginning to shape up and knm 0.7 is entering a stage, where it is
> > usable. As a prerequiste of knm, dbus-1-qt3 needs to be packaged.
> > I'd like to start with that for Debian.
> > Unfortunately, there is no official dbus-1-qt3 package.
> > I checked the SVN repo [1], but there isn't a tagged version anywhere.
> > It's also a bit weird, that configure.in.in has the version 0.7, but it
> > seems there is a version 0.8.1 floating around in suse [2].
> >
> > It would be nice, to have an official dbus-1-qt3 release, with proper
> > versioning etc.
>
> CC'ing Kevin ...

I am a such a lousy upstream :(
I tried to debug why a service started through D-Bus activation would not
answer the first method call, but wasn't able to pin-point it and forgot that
there were other important changes which were not released yet. Sorry!
Thanks for kicking me :)

I created a new tar ball and increased the version number to 0.9

http://people.freedesktop.org/~krake/dbus-1-qt3/libdbus-1-qt3-0.9.tar.bz2

If you find no issues I will link to it from the freedesktop.org web page.

Cheers,
Kevin