knm with 0.7

Beso givemesugarr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 14:11:09 CEST 2007

hi,

i've updated some minutes ago the svn but i cannot compile knm. i have this
message when i try to compile it:

cd . && /bin/sh /root/kdereview/admin/missing --run aclocal-1.9
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13: warning: underquoted definition of
AC_CHECK_LIBREISERFS
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
configure.in:7: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
configure.in:7: the top level
autom4te-2.61: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal-1.9: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1

i'm using gentoo and the last svn version compiled fine.

2007/9/28, Helmut Schaa <hschaa at suse.de>:

> Hi,
>
> here is a short summary of the current KNM dvelopment-state for 0.7 as
> response to Dan's mail :)
>
> Am Montag, 24. September 2007 17:26:56 schrieb Dan Williams:
> > On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 14:24 +0200, Helmut Schaa wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > No, I have nothing in SVN yet, sorry.
> > >
> > > Let's see if I can put my current development version into SVN this
> week
> > > (not in the current development tree as it is intended for the stable
> > > version against NM 0.6.5).

> > > I have to investigate a bit more to see where the open ends are (I
> think
> > > the DBus interface is already in a good shape). I'll send a ping when
> > > know more.
> >
> > Ok, great; the sooner the better.
>
> So, I created a new development branch for KNM, you can find it at [1].
> All
> changes I've done so far to get KNM working with 0.7 were commited today
> :)

>   replace "Connect to other network" (which does not work anymore but is
> still
>   in the menu -> should be removed)
> * This dialog is already able to configure a new wired connection and
> activate
>   it :)
> * For wireless connections the security widget is not yet ready as I
> decided
>   to redesign it to allow better control over all different security
> options
> * Currently clicking on a network in the context menu opens this dialog
> and
>   preselects the appropriate device and sets the essid
> * Widgets for the settings "connection", "ipv4" and "wireless" are mostly
>   ready
>
> What still has to be done:
> * The storage backend needs to be extended/rewritten as it has to store
> the
>   new connection-objects and not only the wireless security options
> (Currently
>   no connections are persisted)
> * The same applies for the Wallet interface (but that should be fairly
> simple)
> * I did not do anything to VPN until now, except: make it compile :(
> * Nothing done for PPP too
> * Indents and whitespaces are very sluttish right now
> * Clean up lots of old, now unused code
> * the secrets-interface is only a stub for now
> * More widgets for the different settings ("wireless-security" etc.)
>
> What would be nice to have:
> * Perhaps one tray-icon per device would give a better user experience
> than
>   all devices grouped together in one context menu
> * A connection editor would really be cool (creating new connections,
> editing
>   connections without connecting to them etc.)
>
> Hmm, this summary is not exhaustive.

> [...]

dott. ing. beso