Connection to wireless network - wpa

Helmut Schaa hschaa at suse.de
Thu Jun 21 10:19:57 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2007 schrieb rozelak at volny.cz:
> I send the required outputs (shortened to relevant data):

Thanks. I cannot see anything unusual at "eduroam" network. So I guess it is a
NetworkManager or KNetworkManager issue.

> I use ipw2200 "driver", which is reported to be working with NM, I guess:

I have the ipw2200 too and it does work ;-).

> One think to add - just now I realized, that I am not able to connect
> the "eduroam" net even manually (running iwconfig, ifconfig, wpa_supplicant
> with appropriate settings) - wpa_supplicant was not able to authentize
> me. I have send an e-mail to our support, so I expect that something
> may be brokem on my side. Nevertheless, I would expect knm to show some
> configuration for WPA, even if the authentization will fail then. However,
> knm allows WEP configuration only.

Have you ever tried the "connect to other network" option? If not, please do
so ;-)

> I do not have "nm-tool" installed (part of NM? It was not installed
> togerher with NM. Depends on Gnome?). So I cannot provide its output; is it
> big problem?

The output would be nice for validation if the problem is NetworkManager or
KNetworkManager specific. On SuSE nm-tool is packaged together with
NetworkManager.

Helmut