Re: Connection to wireless network - wpa

rozelak at volny.cz rozelak at volny.cz
Fri Jun 8 13:52:52 CEST 2007

----- PŮVODNÍ ZPRÁVA -----
Od: "Helmut Schaa" <hschaa at suse.de>
Komu: kde-networkmanager at kde.org
Předmět: Re: Connection to wireless network - wpa
Datum: 6.6.2007 - 11:20:14

> This knm version is fairly old and is missing a lot
> of patches. Could you
> please try the current svn version? You can get it
> from [1]. If you need
> support for building knetworkmanager feel free to bother
> us here.

Hallo,

I have just installed the new wersion of knm applet from svn (currently
it says version 0.2). However, I still cannot connect to WPA net. Valentine
wrote that there can still be problem with D-BUs permission, but I have
no idea which.

I tried to start 'dbus-monitor --system' to watch if there is an error,
however I do not see anything strange (log included in 'connect_try.txt'
attachment). Is it useful for you or should I collect anything different?

The second issue, about wireless scanning even when disabled, I also
collected messages going through DBUS. There was only one message passed
through:

signal sender=:1.2 -> dest=(null destination) path=/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager;
interface=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager; member=StateChange
uint32 3

Is this the right message instructing NM to stop wireless scanning?

To confirm if securrity problem appears or not I send message printed
when knm applet is started from console:

>>$ knetworkmanager
>>$ knetworkmanager: [static DBusHandlerResult DBusConnection::networkManagerInfoMessageHandler(DBusConnection*,
>>DBusMessage*, void*)] getNetworks
>>knetworkmanager: returning network: eduroam-simple
knetworkmanager: [static DBusHandlerResult DBusConnection::networkManagerInfoMessageHandler(DBusConnection*,
DBusMessage*, void*)] getVPNConnections
knetworkmanager: [static DBusHandlerResult DBusConnection::networkManagerInfoMessageHandler(DBusConnection*,
DBusMessage*, void*)] getNetworkProperties
knetworkmanager:   returning properties for eduroam-simple
knetworkmanager: restore read timestamp Po čen 4 08:45:03 2007
knetworkmanager: [virtual void EncryptionNone::restore(KConfigBase*,
double, bool)]
knetworkmanager: adding AP: 00:12:7F:7C:F4:61
knetworkmanager: adding AP: 00:11:21:BF:D1:41
knetworkmanager: [virtual bool EncryptionNone::serialize(DBusMessage*,
const QString&)]

Can it be helpful for you? What other stuff should I collect?

Thank you very much,
Dan