cmake script for Ogg/Vorbis / licening

Thomas Eschenbacher Thomas.Eschenbacher at gmx.de
Fri Jan 13 20:23:43 GMT 2017

Harald Sitter wrote:
> [...]
>> I have found out that I have a cmake file (to search for Ogg/Vorbis)
>> that unfortunately is licensed under a 3-clause BSD license, which seems
>> to violate KDE licensing rules.
>
> What makes you think that? BSD licenses are perfectly acceptable so
> long as they do not have the advertising clause.
> [...]

sorry, I misunderstood the text on
https://community.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy#BSD_License
-> the third clause is _not_ the "advertising" clause.

So you are right, it is all fine!

However, that file did not give me much benefit anyway, as I had similar
checks already in the ogg_vorbis plugin itself, so I got rid of the
whole file.

Additionally I changed the license of all cmake files to BSD (which
fortunately are all written by me), so that I now have only one uniform
license for all cmake related files, and also following the rules above.

I am just on the way to reduce the number of (in my eyes) slightly
unclear licensing situations of some files that I have in my project.
(see top of
https://lxr.kde.org/source/kde/kdemultimedia/kwave/LICENSES). But
probably this is the wrong list for this topic...

thanks!
   Thomas