cmake script for Ogg/Vorbis

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Fri Jan 13 12:20:07 GMT 2017

Heya,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 10:40 PM, Thomas Eschenbacher
<Thomas.Eschenbacher at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have found out that I have a cmake file (to search for Ogg/Vorbis)
> that unfortunately is licensed under a 3-clause BSD license, which seems
> to violate KDE licensing rules.

What makes you think that? BSD licenses are perfectly acceptable so
long as they do not have the advertising clause.

Namely, the one which makes derived works unable to advertise without
mentioning the original author of the BSD licensed work:

"All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
 must display the following acknowledgement:
 This product includes software developed by the <organization>."

The one you have in your source doesn't have this clause, so it is
fine. It's also the standard variant used for all our cmake modules
across all KDE projects, so you're definitely fine :)

HS