dolphin branches

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Aug 12 08:37:46 BST 2015

On Tuesday 11 August 2015 15:31:02 Martin Koller wrote:
> On Monday 10 August 2015 19:16:46 Emmanuel Pescosta wrote:
> > Hi David,
> >
> > > Where can I find the latest Qt4/KDE4-based version of Dolphin?
> >
> > In kde-baseapps branch Applications/15.04. Dolphin was removed
> > from kde-baseapps master shortly after the Applications/15.04
> > branching, because we have moved it into his own repository.
> >
> > > So there's no way to get the latest qt4 based version of both
> > > dolphin and the rest of kde-baseapps.
> >
> > The latest released Qt4 based Dolphin is in Applications/15.04,
> > starting with Applications/15.08 Dolphin is now Qt5 based. The
> > same problem would also exist if Dolphin still is in kde-baseapps.
> >
> > How can we fix it? (we need to make Qt4 based Dolphin
> > co-installable, right?)
>
> Do I see this correctly that when I install Applications/15.08 where konqueror is still Qt4
> based, I can no longer use it as filemanager since it can not load the dolphin-plugin to view
> the filesystem ?

Sounds right, it matches what I see here when compiling from sources.

How about we restore dolphin in kde-baseapps Applications/15.08 ?
Option 1: only the part, the executable would be disabled
Option 2: the executable gets renamed to dolphin4 (Emmanuel was right, this
becomes about co-installability)

Working on KDE Frameworks 5