Music Player - Needs

Martin Sandsmark martin.sandsmark at kde.org
Wed Aug 5 11:25:24 BST 2015

On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 12:15:59PM +0200, Stefan Derkits wrote:
> It's maybe a bit more complex than VLC, but Deezer & Spotify are not
> hard to connect, they are the easiest as in any music player because
> Tomahawk searches for songs in every of your connected online accounts.

I'm probably misunderstanding you, but using the Spotify library/.so is a
pretty huge amount of work; the API is not very easy to use, is not very well
documented and crashes pretty easily (and you can't really see why, the
library doesn't have debug symbols). I experienced this myself when trying to
pick up Spokify (a KDE client for Spotify); https://github.com/sandsmark/Spokify

Luckily there is a Qt wrapper library that seems pretty stable and a bit
easier to use: https://github.com/lukedirtwalker/libQtSpotify

I'd recommend using that if you want to have support for Spotify (which I
think should be a pretty high priority, but I'm biased here).

--
Martin Sandsmark