Help wanted to evolve KDEs music players

Stefan Derkits stefan at derkits.at
Sat Aug 1 14:49:45 BST 2015

Hello,

On 2015-08-01 08:47, Ing. Konrad Renner wrote:
> the player (no matter if it is Amarok, JuK or a new one) must be integrated well in Plasma (eg usage of baloo for ratings, tags). If I use Plasma, it does not matter for me if it runs standalone on eg Windows.

I see a use case for Baloo for finding music files, but probably not for
ratings & tags. While Tags (if done correctly, for music files this also
includes Ratings [0]) could be read by Baloo via the TaglibExtractor of
KFileMetadata, I heard that those attributes can't be written back to
Tags by Baloo.

So what would be the Use Case for write Tags to extended File attributes
via Baloo instead of correctly writing them via taglib?

Stefan