To reduce JuK dependencies on KDE frameworks?

Petko Ditchev pditchev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 13:23:45 BST 2013

Hi , I'm not really a KDE user , but I found out that JuK is pretty much
the best player out there for the linux desktop  (at least for my needs
- it's awesome that the playlists are kept intact and not imported in
some imaginary app-specific .xml) .
  So , on-topic : when I installed JuK with all deps it was ~200MB .
Also I believe the KDE runtime services are required . So the question
is - are there that many bindings to the KDE frameworks (that can't be
easily replaced by pure Qt) ? I'm willing to start a Qt port , if the
anwser is no , and there's a general consensus that it would be
beneficial for the project (I'm pretty sure it will be) .

A side question (just out of curiosity ,I'm not really able to implement
such stuff yet) - has someone thought about plugin support?

Petko