Juk power inhibition

James Daniel Smith smithjd15 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 11:33:21 BST 2013

After fixing the emit issue, I did a bit more work to polish the supress
feature, including a config entry and a toolbar button etc. etc.

Attached is what I came up with for a revised toolbar for playback,
including the supress button taking the place of a record button for a
cassette deck. Record usually took play also to actually record, so I can
see how that may have been arrived at. This button features the
hibernate-suspend generic power management icon, and it hugs the
volume slider.

I think the sunken part of the hibernate icon should look alright
alongside the automatic graying playback state changer icons, though
I don't know if this is a HIG concern or not. I also reversed the previous
and next button icons to match a rather dated cassette deck that
didn't have play-pause as its only method of playing back cassette
tapes; the unit with simply play obviously had a record ability. For
applications with only notably play-pause on one button perhaps  a
consensus can be reached as far as purposefully leaving the buttons
for previous / next doing just that, without any order reversal.

The model in question's (a tape deck on a combination CD / Tape
player) controls were duplicated, including which order and purpose.
Note the CD player has proper forward - back buttons, while the tape
deck doesn't. For another model, a play-pause(cd player only), the
controls match the old layout.

Juk's separate play-pause just smack of a tape-deck. ;)

For the settings menu, there is also an option to allow to toggle the
suspend mode.

See the attached screenshot for what the facelift looks like. Toggle
became enable after the screenshot. The different acronyms for
suppression / inhibit etc. are a little tough to explns. for compactness.

Thanks!
James