GSOC 2013: KMix2 Sound Menu application

Alberto Gatto albertogatto.mail at gmail.com
Fri May 3 03:34:26 BST 2013

Dear Kde-multimedia team,

my name is Alberto Gatto and i'm a student interested in applying for the
Gsoc2013. I'm writing to you because i'm interested in developing the Kmix2
sound menu but at the same time i'm still unsure about some prerequisites
because i've never really used the Qt framework so far, in fact i'd love to
get a chance to learn it thanks to the Gsoc as a friend of mine (Diego
Casella aka "Polentino") did some time ago when he applied to develop
Plasmate during summer. Seeing him working on KDE and listening to him made
me eager to try this experience firsthand and i think this project would be
a perfect fit for me.

I'm a 3rd year Computer Engineering student at the University of Padua, i
have used and explored Linux for more than 10 years including compiling and
testing KDE so i'm familiar with working on the latest code builds and so
forth. At the moment i'm close to complete my final assignment therefore
i'm confident i could start to look into the project as soon as needed.

Anyway i'm looking forward to hear your opinion on this matter and whether
my shortcomings can be covered by my effort and motivation.

Kind regards