Kmix2 sound menu project

Trever Fischer wm161 at wm161.net
Fri Apr 19 19:00:58 BST 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-15 at 02:20 +0530, Saagar Takhi wrote:
> Hello,
> I am Saagar Takhi from DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, India.
>
> I want to do project kmix2 sound menu (given on ideas page of kde for
> GSOC -13).
> Can someone please guide me through the process of initiation.
> What should I look for and where to start my work from ?

Coolio! It is most excellent that you're interested in this :)

You can find KMix's sources at KDE git:

http://quickgit.kde.org?p=kmix.git

You'll want to check out the kmix-improvements branch.

Something I've been asking the other applicants to do is to write a
quick scratch demo GUI that does some basic MPRIS operations, like play,
pause, next, show the playlist, etc. Just to get you familiarized with
QtDBus and the MPRIS standard.

Feel free to poke me in #kde-multimedia on IRC if you have any further
questions.