qtphonon's status.

Pier Luigi pierluigi.fiorini at gmail.com
Thu May 17 13:46:27 BST 2012

2012/5/16 Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>:
> [cross-posting to kde-multimedia]
>
> On quarta-feira, 16 de maio de 2012 18.55.52, Olivier Goffart wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Why do we mantain an outdated fork of phonon in qt5.git
>> I am talking about the qtphonon repository.
>>
>> The Phonon team maintains phonon under the KDE umbrela, and the qtphonon
>> repository is years behind.
>
> It was created because of the modularisation. It was expected that the Phonon
> developers would pick it up. At one point, they indicated they'd like to use
> the Qt infrastructure, instead of the KDE infrastructure. Clearly, they've
> changed their minds.

Hijacking the thread to ask this because I'm not yet familiar with
neither Phonon nor QtMultimeda: is QtMultimedia
(http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/5.0/qtmultimedia-module.html) a
suitable candidate to replace Phonon at least for new and Qt-only
projects?

--
"Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner
voice." (Steve Jobs)