Phonon QML question

Andrew Lake jamboarder at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 17:09:42 GMT 2012

Hello,

I am in the process of converting the Bangarang Now Playing view to
QML.  I wanted to get a feeling of how far I can go especially
regarding the possibility of using a Phonon QML Video element.  I'm
aware there were some activities last year in this area. Would anyone
be able to say how far along this effort is?  The Phonon QML needs for
our project would include:
- Phonon provided QML Video element.
- Backend agnostic (all actively maintained backends support the
Phonon QML Video element)

Is this something that's on the horizon (say the next 4 months)?

The answer to these questions will help me decide on the best solution
for our next release.

Thanks much for all your efforts and your help,
Andrew