Moving to Git

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Tue Jan 24 20:41:24 GMT 2012

Am Dienstag, 24. Januar 2012, 20:53:08 schrieb Harald Sitter:
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/superbuild

Thanks for the link, Harald. :-)

KDE is enormously big nowadays. Its just so hard to follow everything.

I am not proficient in packaging, but it looks like Superbuild addresses the
packagers questions and doubts quite well. So from my side its fine to do the
migration.

It is now a matter of announcing it early enough to packagers and doing the
actual work. Or does somebody still has objections. Trever, are you still
willing to oversee it?

 Greetings,
    Christian

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Christian Esken <esken at kde.org> wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 16. Dezember 2011, 19:32:42 schrieb Trever Fischer:
> >> Unless rdieter and I are horribly mistaken, dragonplayer, juk, etc still
> >> lives on in SVN in the kdemultimedia module.
> >>
> >> If nobody has any objections, I'd like to oversee all the little projects
> >> in kdemultimedia getting split up into separate git repositories and
> >> reconfigured to build independently and have independent release
> >> schedules. This would facilitate these benefits:
> >
> > Strangely enough this topic always dies after a couple of posts.
> >
> > My own opinion hasn't changed since my last post, where I did a summary of
the posts about GIT migration:
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-multimedia&m=130839612321087&w=2
> >
> > Harald replied with an answer that it is a "global issue" and to be
resolved by some "superbuild magic":
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-multimedia&m=130839940523630&w=2
> >
> > I am not aware what that "superbuild" is [1], so I decided I will simply
wait for that magic to happen.
> > Probably Harald could speak up?!?
> >

> > Greetings,
> >    Christian
> >
> > [1] I tried to find out via mailing list posts, but only got a vague idea.
Techbase doesn't even know about it: