Phonon

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon May 30 23:31:32 BST 2011

On Sunday 22 May 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > There will be a PhononConfig.cmake file, which will be found by
> > > find_package(), and it will contain all the information about the
> > > installed phonon, like e.g. the include dir.
> > > It will be placed in lib/cmake/phonon/.
> > > Alternatively it could also go into lib/phonon/cmake/.
> >
> > lib/cmake/phonon sounds best (to have everything in a central place :)).
>
> Ok.

One more thing: phonon installs some things by default outside
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.
This is the Qt plugin and the Qt prj file.

This is not good. By default nothing should be installed outside
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, because the one who installs may not have write
permissions there and he may have chosen the install prefix so that it doesn't
touch the rest of the system.

So, I'd like to change this so that the default is inside
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, maybe with a message that some things may have to be set
up, and that it can optionally be changed to whatever is wanted.

Alex