[GSoC idea] QML/QGraphicsScene Video Painting

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Thu Mar 24 17:38:27 GMT 2011

2011/3/24 Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org>:
> Em quarta-feira, 23 de março de 2011, às 20:53:30, Harald Sitter escreveu:
>> My name is Harald, I am student in Austria and I'd like to pick up on
>> the Phonon idea "QML/QGraphicsScene Video Painting" [1] for GSoC 2011
>
> I'd recommend forgetting QGraphicsScene and focusing on QML Scene Graph
> instead. Hardware-accelerated video decoding is already being worked on. Be
> sure to talk to the developers doing that work if you wish to contribute.

Hey Thiago,
That was my first serious concern as well. My thought was to make sure
that its future proof for a later port to Scene Graph. But if they are
already working on video-on-scene-graph thats a different sort of
wrinkle entirely.

Are you talking about some sort of QtMultimedia project? What people
are working on this? Obviously for Phonon something limited to
hardware-accerlated isn't enough, since someone might want to play a
video that isn't H264. But regardless we should make sure any work is
synced.

Thanks,
Ian