Phonon VLC and the destruction of music

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jun 6 11:14:15 BST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Ben Cooksley at 06/06/11 11:32 did gyre and gimble:
> Unfortunately I can't build that - as my system has too old
> dependencies apparently for the version of VLC available on your
> branch. In libraries such as XCB (I have 1.5 - they want 1.6). The
> patches didn't apply cleanly to the source I have (from vlc 1.1 -
> which does build ok) unfortunately either.
>
> [Insert curses about graphics stuff always having to be bleeding edge
> - i'm only on openSUSE 11.3 which isn't even 9 months old yet]

You could probably just cherry pick all the patches to the pulse output
bit of VLC and my four patches to backport this work. I can't say for
certain that this will work, but I think it should be OK.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie