kdemultimedia and svn -> git

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Sat Jan 15 00:14:19 GMT 2011

Am Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2011, 23:37:21 schrieb Ian Monroe:

> We just did kdebindings, and thats the only KDE module to split so far
> AFAIK. kdebindings as one module was pretty hellish, I think anyone
> who has tried to build it can agree.
>
> > I fully agree with splitting here. Different apps are different
> > projects and have nothing in common other than the fact that they all
> > deal with multimedia.

Well, I guess some cmake checks are shared, e.g. to detect ALSA, OSS,
encoders.It should still be possible to share those MM releated checks.
Methinks it should not be too complicated, as we also are able to use CMake
checks from kdelibs.

So if the cmake checks still can be shared, and distributors/packagers are not
hindered, we can have a go on that. At least I can say so for KMix.

Greetings,
    Christian