kdemultimedia and svn -> git

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jan 12 22:56:06 GMT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Ian Monroe at 12/01/11 22:37 did gyre and gimble:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 16:22, George Kiagiadakis
> <kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I fully agree with splitting here. Different apps are different
>> projects and have nothing in common other than the fact that they all
>> deal with multimedia.
>
> Yep

Yeah, a split is good IMO. I always do my checkouts and then configure
and build only specific subdirectories anyway, so I'm effectively doing
this already albeit in an ad-hoc fashion.

The only real benefits of a shared repository is the ease of downstream
packaging and also the "herding cats" issue that comes around release
time if the projects are separated, but I don't think these are concerns
that last over time if the adaptation is made and organisation is well
governed. I think it works OK with xorg for example.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie