KGoldrunner still silenced in KDE 4.6

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Sun Apr 24 10:31:56 BST 2011

2011/4/23 Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com>:
> Please could someone have a look at the log of Phonon debug
> that I sent three days ago?  I attach a second copy of the log,
> for convenience.

The logs do not contain any debug from Phonon itself... it would
appear that either you did not have all debug vars set, or you are not

> Until I know what is wrong with "Phonon/my installation/my distro"
> and can fix it, I am having to leave sound disabled in the KDE 4.6
> release of the KGoldrunner game.

http://en.opensuse.org/Lifetime

OpenSUSE 11.2 goes EOL in May, that is what would appear to be wrong
with your audio. The Linux audio stack is such an incredibly
complicated thing [1] that there is absolutely no way of ever getting
to the bottom of things as long as you insist on using an almost
legacy version of your operating system.

In particular from what I have read it sounds like a "perfect" example
of broken driver. The fact that no one on the team has been able to
reproduce the problem also suggests that it is rather a setup problem
than an issue with Phonon or the GStreamer backed.

[1] http://yokozar.org/blog/content/linuxaudio.png