Phonon-vlc + Amarok

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sun Jul 18 11:42:15 BST 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 11:23, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc at arcor.de> wrote:
> On 07/18/2010 11:48 AM, Martin Sandsmark wrote:
>> On Sunday 18 July 2010 08:06:55 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>>> Is Amarok 2.3.1 supposed to work with the VLC backend?
>>
>> Whenever we actually release it; yes.
>
> It's already been released (May 31, 2010) and is what I'm using and
> having all those problems with.

You are kidding! Who released that backend without even consulting the
authors? That makes no sense.

JFYI: I don' use gapless playing and fade out so I don't miss it,
everything else works quite fine, I can't reproduce any progress bar
oddities, using Amarok 2.3.1-git on KDE SC 4.4.92, Kubuntu 10.04,
phpnpn-backend-vlc from git.

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org