Phonon include header fix, once and for all

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Jan 6 11:39:29 GMT 2010

Em Quinta-feira 10 Dezembro 2009, às 14:44:12, Thiago Macieira escreveu:
> The p must be lowercase because of the library name.
>
> We're reverting Qt to 4.4 style headers: lowercase p, no ClassName.
>
> Phonon upstream has those headers. I'm asking that the Phonon/ClassName
> headers be declared "unsupported, never meant to be used" and any app using
> them declared "you're walking on thin ice, please fix immediately".
>
> If someone wants this decision reverted, please send a patch to Qt's
> bin/syncqt and mkspecs/features/qt.prf and make sure you've tested on Mac
> with frameworks as well as Windows.

I'm making the changes now. The Qt task for this is
http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-4685.

I plan on including these changes for Qt 4.6.1. I ask that Phonon 4.4 do as I
asked above and declare the "Phonon/ClassName" headers unsupported. Please do
it for everyone's good.

If you want my decision reverted, you have about a week to send a patch for
bin/syncqt and the related *.pro files in Qt source code.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358