Phonon has moved to git

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Wed Feb 17 02:29:07 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 16 February 2010 10:30:55 Martin Sandsmark wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 February 2010 16:01:12 David Jarvie wrote:
> > This will result in a significant departure from the method developers
> > have used up to now to fetch modules necessary for building KDE trunk.
>
> How so?
>
> > If kdesupport modules are going to start being removed from SVN, what
> > will be the mechanism in future for people to ensure they download and
> > build all the correct up-to-date support modules for building KDE trunk?
> > Will there be any substitute for a simple kdesupport 'svn up', will it
> > be documented on techbase, or what?
>
> I assume you will use the same method as you do for all other dependencies
> for KDE that are not in kdesupport.

Perhaps far more important, it's already supported in kdesvn-build:

module phonon-git
 repository git://gitorious.org/phonon/phonon.git
end module

Change repository to your kde-developers one as appropriate if you have push
access.

I would recommend not using the modulename "phonon" as that has a few
instances of hard-coding in the script right now. In addition if you've
already been building phonon by itself you should probably remove the phonon
source and build directories first (and make sure the SVN phonon is not still
in your module list in kdesvn-buildrc)

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne