Introduction

Justin McPherson justin.mcpherson at trolltech.com
Mon May 25 07:13:29 BST 2009

Hi,

I'm Justin McPherson, Lead for Multimedia in Qt Software. For some
time now we have been thinking of ways to improve multimedia usage
with Qt.

We are moving forward with some "foundational" work, which is listed
as the Audio and Video services research in our public roadmap. There
is some general applicability to this, particularly for the Audio, but
you should first see it's use in back-end like development. You can
read about our roadmap at <http://www.qtsoftware.com/developer/qt-roadmap
 >.

We would like to make some minor changes to Phonon, and you'll soon
hear from myself or one of the Multimedia team with ideas of what we
would like to contribute by the release of Qt 4.6.

- Justin