Progressive download in Phonon

Jonathan Wong jhannwong at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 13:49:41 BST 2009

Is there a possibility of doing progressive download (pseudo streaming) in Phonon?

The DS9 backend uses function RenderFile to employ a "file over network" filter. Well, the filter
(File Source (URL) filter) is employed at a lower level not in the DS9 backend, though.

Will the DS9 backend grow to include a progressive download (pull model) source filter? DirectShow
doesn't have one yet, though one could be written.

Will Phonon (not backend) evolve to include progressive download?

Will I be able to submit contributions? My last submitted patch got no response.