Phonon java binding

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Jan 22 18:35:33 GMT 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009, Aekold Helbrass wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am java developer and it is interesting for me to develop some java
> bindings for phonon, so java apps will work correctly with phonon
> sound system. And I need a bit of your help...

Judging by the other postings in this thread I guess that this is rather a
misunderstanding.

Phonon is not a sound system it is a multimedia API.
If a Java developer wants to use this API, Jambi is the way to go.
If a Java developer wants to do their own API, they probably want to interface
with the different multimedia processing frameworks directly.
If a Java developer wants to just code a multimedia using application, they
probably want to use the Java Media Framework.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring