Phonon include header fix, once and for all

Martin Aumueller aumuell at reserv.at
Fri Dec 11 11:46:58 GMT 2009

Hi,

On Friday 11 December 2009 12:25:05 Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
[...]
> I have another suggestion, but only based on the problems you listed.
> If it is possible to have symbolic library link in Mac, you could have both
> libPhonon and libphonon. So rename the library, and add a link for
> compatibility, but only do it on Mac and do it in a binary compatible way.
> Linking generally would be to libphonon, but on Mac only that would be a
> symbolic link to libPhonon. Since linking is not smoothly cross-platform
> anyway I guess there should be no problem with Mac developers trying to link
> to libPhonon elsewhere.

I expect that to cause problems: by default, the HFS+ filesystem on Macs is created case-insensitively (but case-preserving), and thus creating such a link won't work.

However, it's perfectly fine to install OS X on a case-sensitive HFS+ filesystem, and then this link would be necessary. So it's not so easy to decide based on the operating system alone.

Martin