KMid2 status

Ben Cooksley sourtooth at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 00:49:04 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
<pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've been developing KMid2 (a MIDI/karaoke player) in playground-multimedia
> SVN for several weeks, and yesterday published the first preview release.
> Packages are available at SourceForge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmid2/files/
>
> My plan is moving it to extragear-multimedia some day, and continue the
> development, not depending on the KDE SC release cycle. That's why I've
> created the SF project site.
>
> At this point, the initial features are completed, with Linux support only, a
> single MIDI output port, and no KPart. I would like to stop here to think
> about the work done, and listen to the community and users' feedback.
>
> Is it a good time to move the repository to kdereview? Maybe I should wait
> until 4.4 is released, or later? Is there something missing or a forgotten
> step to fulfill before?
>
> Another question. I would like to setup a forum (or mailing list) and a bug
> tracker (separated from the old KMid one). There is already an user Wiki page
> at http://userbase.kde.org/KMid2 (thanks, Anne!). I would prefer to use the
> KDE facilities instead of the SF ones, when possible. May I?

If you wish to setup a forum for your users, please to not hesitate
the Forum Administrators ( who can be found in #kde-forum on Freenode
). Note that someone experienced with using your application, or
involved in its developement will be needed to assist moderating it,
so that questions can get answered.

For mailing lists, I believe you can ask the KDE sysadmin's about
that, I think they prefer bugs be filed at bugs.kde.org now ( with the
sysadmin component ) but I'm not too sure.