KMid2 status

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 22:00:10 GMT 2009

Hi!

I've been developing KMid2 (a MIDI/karaoke player) in playground-multimedia
SVN for several weeks, and yesterday published the first preview release.
Packages are available at SourceForge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmid2/files/

My plan is moving it to extragear-multimedia some day, and continue the
development, not depending on the KDE SC release cycle. That's why I've
created the SF project site.

At this point, the initial features are completed, with Linux support only, a
single MIDI output port, and no KPart. I would like to stop here to think
about the work done, and listen to the community and users' feedback.

Is it a good time to move the repository to kdereview? Maybe I should wait
until 4.4 is released, or later? Is there something missing or a forgotten
step to fulfill before?

Another question. I would like to setup a forum (or mailing list) and a bug
tracker (separated from the old KMid one). There is already an user Wiki page
at http://userbase.kde.org/KMid2 (thanks, Anne!). I would prefer to use the
KDE facilities instead of the SF ones, when possible. May I?

Regards,
Pedro