Konrad Materka, GSOC proposal

Sylvain "Skarsnik" Colinet scolinet at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 15:30:04 GMT 2008

2008/3/29 Konrad Materka <materka at gmail.com>:

> Matthias Kretz napisaƂ(a):
> (...)
> >> Parsing library is back-end independent, so it won't depend on xine.
> >
> > Good. You should probably make that a requirement - then it's really
> easy to
> > take that code and use it in other backends or even in the frontend,
> should
> > we decide to do that later on.
>
> (...)
> > The subtitle code should be able to provide masked QPixmaps, QImages,
> plain
> > text and perhaps other formats like e.g. rich text (think Karaoke where
> > part of the text is colored differently). It will "push" that data out
> to the
> > frontend where the application either handles it itself or uses the
> widget
> > you will write as part of the Phonon frontend classes.
>
> I was thinking about it (without Phonon) and I came up to the same
> conclusion :) My libsubtitle was designed to provide pixmaps and some
> text for widget and frontend application. Widget is in presentation
> layer with some funtion control layer. Library (no matter if separated
> or in Phonon) is in data layer with some controls.

Maybe provide a QTextDocument, you can draw on any painter device like
pixmap, widget..
with the draw method and offer rich text rendering.
But yes, all subtitle thing (parsing/select the good) dont need
xine/gst/whatever, the only thing the developer need to provide is something
sync the subtitle with audio/video

--
Sylvain "Skarsnik" Colinet

Victory was near but the power of the ring couldn't be undone