Konrad Materka, GSOC proposal

Konrad Materka materka at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 15:09:16 GMT 2008

Matthias Kretz napisaƂ(a):
(...)
>>> Yes, write it like a library but for now just compile it into
>>> phonon-xine.
>> Parsing library is back-end independent, so it won't depend on xine.
>
> Good. You should probably make that a requirement - then it's really easy to
> take that code and use it in other backends or even in the frontend, should
> we decide to do that later on.

(...)
> The subtitle code should be able to provide masked QPixmaps, QImages, plain
> text and perhaps other formats like e.g. rich text (think Karaoke where a
> part of the text is colored differently). It will "push" that data out to the
> frontend where the application either handles it itself or uses the widget
> you will write as part of the Phonon frontend classes.

I was thinking about it (without Phonon) and I came up to the same
conclusion :) My libsubtitle was designed to provide pixmaps and some
text for widget and frontend application. Widget is in presentation
layer with some funtion control layer. Library (no matter if separated
or in Phonon) is in data layer with some controls.

To conclude: I move library to Phonon (just to point this name :)), it
will be time for talking about details.
Widget stays almost the same.

--
With regards: