Choosing a Phonon backend

Fabio Locati fabiolocati at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 16:53:03 GMT 2008

As I said some time ago, imho phonon have to be able to use in the same time
more than one backend. When a program ask to phonon a function that is not
developped in the 'default backend' phonon have to use another backend.
I think that while you are installing the program, the program have to declare
which backand are supported (ie: e normal audio player can declare that all
its functions can work with: xine, gstreamer, vlc) and than the installer will
controll there there is at least one of these. A more complicated program can
say that he need: (xine or gstreamer or vlc) and NMM, than the installer will
have to check that all the dependeces are satisfied. IMHO this is the way to
go.

--
Fabio Alessandro Locati