phonon and video capture

Bartosz Wadolowski bartosz.wadolowski at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 02:02:11 GMT 2008

Hello

Lately in my free time I work on Photo Booth and/or Cheese like program for
KDE4 called webKam.
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/webKam?content=76902
WebKam is based on Kopete code and it works only under Linux or to more
precise on systems that have video4linux implemented, so in pratice only
Linux has it. I think that Phonon is right place for cross platform video
capture. I would like to implement that and I'm student who wish to
participate in Google Summer of Code.
I'm wandering if anybody is currently working on this? And please write some
comments about this idea. Are there any other projects which need cross
platform api in phonon for video capture? I know only Kopete and since webKam
is based on it's code backporting to Kopete should be vary simple.

Bart