Choosing a Phonon backend

Tanguy Krotoff tkrotoff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 14:48:00 GMT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Luciano Montanaro <mikelima at cirulla.net> wrote:
>  There is a control panel to configure phonon and select the backend.
>  So the user can choose.

Under KDE4 I guess, but under Windows with Qt-4.4 (i.e without KDE4 installed)?

>  Still, given the different feature set of the various backends, it should be
>  possible for the application to query which backend has been selected -- or,
>  better -- to ask for specific features being present. At least, I've found
>  I'd need to know.

Huhu pretty smart.
But quite ugly. A simple function like QString backendSelected =
Phonon::setPreferedBackendList(QStringList backendNames) would be way
better!

--
Tanguy Krotoff <tkrotoff at gmail.com>
+33 6 68 42 70 24