Access to microphone with Phonon

Fabian Lenzen fabian.lenzen at web.de
Tue Jul 22 21:42:33 BST 2008

Hi,

I have been looking for information about some details about Phonon
programming since a few days now, but I am not able to find something
matching neither on the Phonon site nor on the Phonon library
documentation on the KDE site (although there is a matching category):

I am looking for some information about writing an application that can
access an audio input device (e. g. a microphone). If I understand
Phonon's architecture correctly, this would be some kind of
MediaSource, wouldn't it? I think this would also match to this
documentation category:

http://api.kde.org/4.0-api/kdelibs-apidocs/phonon/html/group__Recording.html

Unfortunately, recording is not documented very well. Could someone on
this list help me accessing a microphone?

Cheers,

Fabian Lenzen.