KMix and KEnvy24

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Fri Dec 26 10:54:22 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'm the maintainer of the new KDE4 application named kenvy24.
This application is dedicated to ICE1712 chip based sound cards (for
example 'Terratec DMX 6Fire' or 'M-Audio Audiophile 2496'). This chip
has it's ALSA driver and it's configuration is quite special. It also
has way more controls than simple "SoundBlaster" cards. Just take a look
to this screenshot :
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/multimedia/kenvy24/doc/en/screenshot.png?view=markup

kenvy24 lives for instance into the playground and it is built from
KParts, so it would be possible to reuse it from other applications. I'm
also planning to implement a dBus interface, if needed.

I think that KMix should use KEnvy24 parts when it detects ICE1712 based
cards. Or it should launch kenvy24gui when the user click the mixer
button.

What do you think about this ? What would be the preferred method ?
Embedding KEnvy24 parts ? How can I help to get KMix modified ?

Cheers,
Valentin