KMix testing (KDE4) round #1

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Tue Nov 20 23:36:51 GMT 2007

Am Dienstag, 20. November 2007 schrieb Matthias Kretz:
> Hi!
>
> I just tested KMix a bit more again. Good job! It is very usable now (if only
> the plasma systray would work).

Well, the plasma systray works (as of 18.11.2007) - it is at the wrong position, but the icon works.
Unfortunately the panel applet is lost. Reworking for Plasma seems like a tremendous amount - I am not even sure whether it is possible at all.

> check them all. But if I then unplug and plug the headset only the Speaker
> (Master) control still shows. The capture control is hidden.

I theoretically can save the View state of unplugged cards (I tested it).
But testing now you are right: It doesn't work at the moment. I'll look into it.

> Minor nitpick: The controls could use a bit of margin when the tickmarks are
> shown.

Yes. It is one of the layout issues. The bigger is that KMix starts with too little height (Sliders are barely usable until you resize the window).

  Christian