Current sound system status?

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Fri Mar 2 11:01:01 GMT 2007

Hi,

there's a jack output for aRts available. Though I've not seen many
distributions include it. So if you really want aRts to be able to output to
jack then you probably have to compile aRts yourself.

The other thing you might try is to let both aRts and jack output to a ALSA
dmix device. I heard it should work for jack now (though I didn't test it
myself and I'd expect it to perform worse than with direct hw access).

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de