Current sound system status?

Bob McGowan bob_mcgowan at symantec.com
Thu Mar 1 21:44:31 GMT 2007

Hi,

I use KDE and have been looking into setting up a digital audio workstation.

Generally, the stuff I've read uses JACK to hook things together.  KDE
has its own sound system and I'd like to know how to use JACK in this
environment, short of turning the sound system off.  Is it possible to
plug KDE into JACK, for example?

I did find two references (3 and 4 years old) about JACK and
modifications to the KDE sound support.  Is there any more recent status
information on this?

Thanks for your help.  And thanks for a great window/graphics/... package!

Bob