AudioCD tags

Andriy Babiy andriyb at desmaint.com
Wed Nov 22 19:10:13 GMT 2006

Hi all,

My question is simple: what program should I use to set the tags?
Actually, I need to change tags of audio tracks before burning them with
k3b. I am not sure if those tags are the same that can be changed in mp3
files. I tried to change tags through:
1) KDE Konqueror (right click on a filename -> Properties -> Meta Info);
2) tagmp3;
3) k3b (right click on an audio track -> Properties... ->
Title/Performer, no Year/Genre tags there).
I can see all the tags in KHex editor; I can see differences in tags
when I change any of them using any of the aforementioned methods. But
when I burn AudioCD and play it with KsCD, I see that some of disks were
burnt with correct information (Performer / Album / Title), but many of
them didn't have this information at all, so they are shown as Unknown
Performer and Track 1 (2, 3, etc.). It looks that my changes had no
effect at all.
Is it a problem of setting tags? Or is it a problem of KsCD recognizing
tags? Or is it a conflict of tag writing software versions? Or is it a
problem with character encoding? Or is it simply a problem of my
configuration?

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Andriy